Wednesday, August 4

To Face Fear


Ever been so lost? Lost in all thought, in all emotion, in all presence. Lost that everything feels numb, that even the thought of a minute ahead in time creeps underneath your skin, and you have nothing to run to due to where you believe you're standing nowhere. I have. For a day, a month, a year, and maybe even a couple. They are one of the most terrifying experiences I faced in my lifetime. And it just so happened to be that I felt like that two days ago. I'm talking about being Lost in Fear.

Fear takes over everything your life if you let it. It has a greater impact on our souls than we ever imagined. Not just in us, but everywhere in the world we walk into. We see fear, eat fear, hear fear, and smell fear. Fear is everywhere. It's what's consuming each and one of us everyday without realizing it.

My greatest fear is the Future. The fear of where I might be, Who I might be, What I might be, With who I might be, and how it will all be. Fear that I won't have enough time to figure out what I'm called to do next, before it's too late. My struggle is the walls that I created around me that hold me here from jumping over.

Fear with confusion.

But my greatest fear of all is for my Generation. A Generation that was never made to fall away. A generation that was never to fear a face and a love of He who brought them to this world. Everyday, I look at my surroundings and see nothing more than people living stereo-typical lives, when they were made for greatness. It terrs my heart to see such greatness fall through as time goes, and see evil conquer. I see shining hearts, hearts made for leadership, hearts made for worship, hearts made to touch, and hearts made to reach. But it all goes back to a choice. A choice rather to follow our earthly desires or a choice to find our calling and change everything around us.

I've been told several times before, along with other prophecies that I was a young heart of God who is going to blossom into a leader that will lead our nation into Christ. Lead our nation? that is aw-hole lot of people. If only sometimes it was as easy as to a snap of your fingers. But the world doesn't quite work like that.

Fear with imagination.


We have to practice and face our fear face-to-face, and soon realize that behind every fear there is nothing there. Nothing but a blank canvas. We have to take that extra step forward and have hope and faith that we will succeed in which we were destined to do. Make a goal! take a goal for yourself everyday, (it can be a small one) and try to accomplish it.

"That you and I were made for this,
I was made to taste your kiss,
We were made to never fall away,
Never fall away."

Letters From The Sky - Civil Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment